Today I was privileged to host a public SAP Mentor Monday on UI5, with Andreas Kunz as special guest. This is a collection of links that were mentioned in the session.
- SAPUI5, OpenUI, Fiori – what these are, and how they’re related: “The essentials: SAPUI5, OpenUI5 and Fiori“
- Home: The ‘front-end’ area on the SAP Community Network (SCN)
- Docu: The SAPUI5 SDK contains a developer guide, controls overview, demo apps, an API reference and more
- Discussion: The majority of SAPUI5 related discussions take place on SCN: http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/content
- Home: OpenUI5’s home is on Github: with Code, Issues and Home Pages; there’s also a fledgling blog on Tumblr
- Docu: In parallel to the SAPUI5 SDK, there’s an OpenUI5 SDK that also has the same content structure: developer guide, controls overview, demo apps, an API reference and more
- Discussion: There’s technical Q&A that goes on on Stack Overflow, as well as a healthy stream of chat on Twitter
- As you saw on the call, JSBin is a super environment for trying out, prototyping and sharing snippets and small apps for #UI5 and more
- It also has that great codecasting facility that we tried out*
*I realise now why the people watching the codecast as well got “No data” later on in their binding display – it’s because I wasn’t using a proxy prefix for the OData service, I was using my Chrome Canary which by default opens with web security disabled, so it just worked for me. More on that in another post!